2010/11/11

Veteran's Day

I'm kinda writing high today...

It's Veteran's Day holiday today, that is for honor of retired military personnel.
Since I came in Hawai'i, I realized there are many military discounts or free admission or something like that in museum or even in a garment shops. And finally, veteran's day.
mmm, basically, I don't feel like I'm in the U.S. in everyday life, but this is an example what reminds me it's U.S. here.

Well, anyways, I had a good calm holiday.
Feeling free as alone, went Barnes and Noble for the first time.
They're entirely in christmas moods, their proposal of presents for kids are quite interesting.
Those are compose of tools like hena arts or kits for making own pinhole camera and so on. It gives children fun, also educative, and really creative! I wish I could take a photo.
Browsing book shops always inspires me a lot. I can satisfied with just looking around title on the books, and great designs. And also I love the cozy atmosphere of American book shop! I wanna enjoy a book in the cafe inside someday=)

Book Off in Shirakiya was really Japanese...Actually, Shirakiya itself are real japanese.
I was happy to find japanese 新書 (I donno how to call it) there. I think I'll go there again someday to  stand an read a book up...lol.

Thanks giving and Christmas are coming soon.
I'm going to Big Island on thanks giving holidays!
NY and SF on christmas holiday maybe...?

I'll just push myself, more advance, advance.

2 件のコメント:

  1. There are many Japanese shops in Hawaii including Shirokiya that it's hard to miss Japan. When I was in Japan, I went to places like Book-off and to the 100-yen shops. After Halloween, most of the shops will decorate their store with Christmas decorations and Thanksgiving hadn't passed yet! Things that you can do here in December: go on a trolley ride and see the Honolulu City Lights, go to City Hall and see the Christmas decorations, see many Christmas concerts for free. There are many things to do in December. Hope you have fun here in Hawaii. =)

    ~someone from Hawaii

    返信削除
  2. Nice to meet you. My name is Sugano Higa. I'm a University of Ryukyu student. I want to know University of Hawaii. If you have a time, please contact with me. email:okinawasugar@gmail.com

    返信削除